Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We're All Mad Here

This blog has now officially gone beyond five posts, and hence surpassed the expectations I had when I typed up the original introduction.  This milestone means absolutely nothing.  But I am sharing it with you anyway, because I'm mad, and honestly,

We're All Mad Here

You all call me crazy, and maybe it’s true.
Either way, I’m too lazy to argue with you.
If you call me insane, it means little to me.
Take a look in my brain and who knows what you’ll see?

Maybe I think YOU’RE crazy, I can’t understand
how a madman like you knows his foot from his hand.
Who’s correct in this case, who has lost a few screws?
You can search throughout space, but you’re going to lose
if you bet you can find anyone not a nutter.
You think I’m unkind?  Do my words make you shudder?

Face it my friend, everyone’s mad to someone.
Every woman and child, each young man or old one.
We all know someone crazy, you know this is true.
Now imagine what crazy folk must think of you!

-----------------------------------------------------

This one is kinda'.....below my expectations.  I go for a certain rhyme scheme, forget about it at the beginning of the second verse, and then completely abandon it by the time the third rolls around.  And I use the word 'crazy' way too many times.  O NOEZ DIS POEM IS NOT PC

No comments:

Post a Comment